Hey folks, we’re putting it out here on the internet, in writing, so you can keep us honest and hold us to it. Here’s our blogging-related New Years Resolutions. Some of them are new, and some of them are the same we make each year, but maybe this time round it will stick!
What are your crafty and culinary goals for 2012?
1. Cook more. In general. I’m a slacker.
2. Make more cocktails at home.
3. Make more recipes out of Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything.
4. Eat all my baby carrots before they go bad (and all other food in the fridge).
5. Eat more fresh vegetables.
1. Blog more on my experimental, home cooking.
2. Sew more and more. (Hey, didn’t you notice? The tagline on this blog is three sisters blogging about thing crafty and culinary).
3. Try more Portlandia restaurants East of the river. Besides Marie’s Brooklyn, I am in one of the trendiest food cities, after all.
1. Cook more meat from our meat CSA, rather than keeping a makeshift morgue in our garage freezer.
2. On the topic of food hoarding: Actually use what I put in the freezer rather than using it to pretend I’m not letting food go to waste. Use my pantry staples before I have to really start wondering how long that brown basmati rice has been in there. You get the picture.
3. Learn to make my own pasta. I keep hearing it’s just so easy, but I’m certain that I’m getting worse with practice. This apparently was a goal of mine back when we started the blog, among many thoughts I expounded upon in an embarrassingly rambly post. (Hey, uh, I was finding my voice?)
4. Have more dinner parties and brunches for friends. No downside here.
5. Maybe I should finish that sweater I started before little H was born. I don’t have the excuse that I can’t wear it because I’m pregnant anymore. I hope the moths haven’t gotten to it.
And for all of us, have fun, learn, and grow! All the best in 2012!